Following the change in weather, the bloom of blue-green algae at Ruislip Lido has reduced, and the fencing has been removed.
It is important to remember that although the fencing has been removed, entering the water is still prohibited. Entering the water at Ruislip Lido is prohibited for your safety. This is due to many factors, including:
- some blue-green algae remain and can be toxic to people and pets
- the shock of cold water can make swimming and getting out of the water difficult
- the depth of the water changes and is unpredictable
- underwater objects and hazards may not be visible
- swimmer’s itch can be caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites living in the water
For everyone’s safety, during busy periods, the number of visitors allowed at Ruislip Lido at any one time will be limited to 1,200. Council marshals will be on-site to assist.
There are two car parks on site.
Willow Lawn car park is for HillingdonFirst cardholders only. This car park is free for HillingdonFirst users at all times, users will get an all day ticket on presentation of their HillingdonFirst card. Thanks Hillingdon Council 🙂
General Car Park
Jan, Feb, Nov, Dec (8am – 6pm) – £3.50 per day
Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct (8am – 8pm) – £3.50 per day
May, Jun, Jul, Aug (8am – 9pm) – £5 per day
Discover The Lido
Ruislip Lido has something for all the family. A beach to relax or play, children’s play areas, woodland walks, cafes, grass areas, duck and bird feeding platforms, outdoor gym, miniature railway, and much more!
Why not discover the beauty of Ruislip Lido the next time you are nearby.