COVID-19 UPDATE April 2021
It is with great pleasure that I relay the news that Ruislip Lido Beach is once again reopened to the community. Just in time for some spring and summer fun, relaxation, and local “staycations”.
There are marshals that will try to keep the number of people within safe limits, so please be polite and respectful – they are there, after all, to keep everyone safe.
The train has re-opened for passengers, though the timetable may differ from the one published on their website.
Previous updates below
** Update May 29th 2020**
As you may know, Ruislip Lido beach has unfortunately needed to be closed due to the large number of people gathering on the beach and swimming. It is also important to note that swimming is not allowed at Ruislip Lido, as there are no lifeguards, and the water is not tested or purified.
We are getting a lot of questions about whether Ruislip Lido is open during the current coronavirus pandemic. Below is a statement from the Hillingdon government website.
The important points as I see them are:
The Lido remains open for exercise
Please adhere to government guidelines on social distancing. You do not know if you or others have the virus as there are no symptoms during the first few weeks of infection.
Keep dogs on leads! And I would treat them as if they were social distancing. There has been research that shows dogs can be carriers of the virus. Therefore it could get it from another dog, and transfer it to you.
Gatherings are banned, and please do not use park benches – parks are open for exercise only
Our parks and green spaces
Currently our parks and green spaces remain open but please adhere to government guidance on social distancing.
Residents are still able to access all of our parks for essential daily exercise – whether that is for runs, cycles or walks.
The council believes that by keeping parks and green spaces open it will provide residents with opportunities for physical activity and help mental wellbeing – particularly for those without a garden.
However we encourage residents to adhere to government guidance, otherwise, we will have to close these important facilities.
Park use guidance
- People are permitted to exercise outside once a day, either alone or with members of their household.
- All gatherings in our parks are banned.
- Social distancing is absolutely crucial, so please stay at least 2 metres apart from others not in your household at all times.
- All playgrounds, outdoor gyms, tennis/ball courts and skate parks are closed. Do not use these facilities.
- Do not use park benches
- We have turned off all drinking fountains and closed all toilets within our parks
- Keep your dog on a lead at all times to ensure you can safely keep 2 metres away from others. The government has published guidance for dog walkers on their website